This dress was.. well, an interesting remix for me.
My original idea is sitting in a box in my craft room. Cut out, but not sewn at all. I wanted to get it done before Labor Day, so I could take pictures of my niece wearing it. Obviously, that didn’t work out.
I had some adorable fabric hanging around, and extra time in Boise, so I figured I’d try something else. This is what I came up with.
The remix of the dress was very, “fly by the seat of my pants.” I wanted to do a tunic. I wanted to keep the square neckline. But I didn’t want to cut into the body of the dress if I could help it.
Both shoulder buttons are functional, because the opening was too small to go over Mackathanial’s head when I sewed the shoulder pieces together. This fits him pretty well, it’s just a little wide in the body.
What I love most about this top is probably the fabric I used, and the details I added. Different colored buttons, and different colors of thread for the topstitching. I love this fancy circle stitch I used for the hem. And this is the first thing I’ve ever put my ‘stamp’ on. It’s really hard to read the pink on pink, but I used my machine to write “Foster Ramblings” in the bottom right corner of the front of the tunic.
Total Cost- $0
Thanks for stopping by! See you all next week for the Candy Inspired week!